Friday, April 23, 2010

Soulmates

Chapter 1

Graduation night
I prepared myself for my twelfth year graduation night. I wore a simple tuxedo with a bow and sprayed my hair so it will stay up. I was one of the honorable students on our batch but I was sad. My mom was not there to put the medal on me just like when I was in preschool. I know I am a mama's boy. Together with me on my graduation tonight will be my father and my annoying brother, Ki Bum. I know my brother will do nothing but act cute in front of everyone. Aish! Very embarrassing. I just hope there was a hole where I sat so I could just disappear.

Dear girl,
Hey! Want to come over to my graduation tonight? It will not be fun without you. Since we haven't seen each other why not come over? I feel so lonely right now.

From,
Big boy (LOL!!!)

I folded the paper and sent it at their lawn. I had 232 IQ level but I know I act childish sometimes. It was eight thirty and I was still waiting for the girl's reply. I went down on our big lawn and waited for the letter. Finally, I saw it coming right down on my face and I moved away.

Dear big boy,
I loved to except I could not. I was grounded for two weeks. I really want to see you but I am not allowed. My parents would kill me! Sorry, congratulations anyway :)

From,
BIG girl (LOL!!!)

As I read her letter I saw stains on it. It seemed that she cried. Poor girl, I thought. Her parents grounded her for two weeks. Well, at least she still had both of them. I just went inside our house again to call for my father and brother. "Dongsaeng! Oppa!", I called out and they ran downstairs hurriedly. "Okay, got the car keys Ki Bum? Let's go!", my father panicked and took the car key from my brother's hand. He was just standing there like a soldier or something like a statue. I pulled him and we went into my father's car. I waved a goodbye at grandpa who seemed to be doing the good luck sign and I gave him my two-finger signature and went.

I was in our school already waiting for my name to be called. Finally, they called me. "Mister Kim Sang Bum, the valedictorian of the year!", the announcer said and everyone joined their hands and clapped. I saw some girls making flirty faces at me. I just ignored them and went back to my seat. After my graduation night (more like my nightmare) my father said he will treat us to this very expensive restaurant. "You haven't enough money for that!", I retorted and meant it as a joke. "Don't insult me", my father said sternly. "I meant it as a joke", I chuckled nervously. "Well, what are we doing? Let's go! I am hungry", my brother said loudly and grabbed both mine and my father by the arms.
=♥=♥=♥=♥=♥=♥=♥=♥=♥=

No comments:

Post a Comment